- Sort by Default Order
This beautiful map shows the main towns and roads of Australia and is framed by paintings of birds, animals and outstanding outback features. Comes with a full colour printed envelope for posting to overseas friends
Map of the town of Alice Springs and region around Alice Springs highlighting places of interest to tourists.
Andado Station is the 'farthest out' of all the Simpson Desert cattle stations and one of the largest properties in the area. A visit to Old Andado (a tourist enterprise), is like a visit back to the 1920's, an image faithfully preserved by Molly Clark, a remarkable Australian woman. See the remains of the Overland Telegraph Line and drive along the Old Ghan Railway Line then wonder at the strength of the men who pioneered this country. Enjoy a wide diversity of terrain from rugged mountain renages, large river valleys and spectacular deserts; a remote area where mistakes can still result in tragedy.
Some of the most unusual landforms in the world can be found in Central Australia. Ancient riverbeds and mountain ranges contrast with red sand dunes and desert oaks. Mt Conner, Ayers Rock and the Olgas - known as The Three Tors of Central Australia - are all quite different and equally unusual features. Other unique features include Kings Canyon, Palm Valley and Henbury Meteorite Craters. Much of this are has only been accessible to visitors for about 30 years and some roads and facilities are well suited to the modern adventurer. Len Beadell's Gunbarrel Highway is also shown although travel permits are difficult to obtain.
This mini map of the Anne Beadell Highway shows detailed road and track information and features points of interest explained with information of historical and tourist nature. Features:
- Unique number coding system links points of interest on the face of each outback map to text on reverse side.
- Historical and Exploration related information provided with most maps. Explorers tracks are shown on most maps.
- Help boxes on the map contain information gained from the author's experiences in the area.
- Permit information and important phone numbers included where known.
- Important travel information relating to 4WD, Camping and Caravanning is included.
- Most tracks are checked with GPS and laptop computer.
- Westprint Maps are specially folded for ease of use in vehicles.
- Westprint Maps are progressively revised and include Grid Lines for GPS referencing and numbered GPS locations list.
This magnificent area of outback Australia stretches from Betoota in the north, through Birdsville and south to Marree. The map also covers routes from Birdsville to Innamincka and Cameron Corner to Tibooburra in NSW, a popular entry point to this region north of Broken Hill. It also contains GPS readings for the popular Birdsville Track, once a notorious route but now easily traversable by 4WD.